In this post you will find useful information about Hamburg – port-city in Germany.
Hamburg is “Hafen-city” (Port-city) so you will find there storehouses made out of red brick and port itself, with huge number of tourist ships and huge cargo ship.
Every night at 22 p.m. there is a colorful fountain show in Planten un Blomen park.
Hamburg Planetarium is also worth visiting, there is a projection device that creates a great show sharing the history and nowadays ideas about space and space research.
Few tips about driving
- There is Elbtunel the tunnel under Elbe, and there are always traffic jams in the weekends, so if possible, choose another road.
- If you need a long-term parking, check the Vinci Parking
Dinner in Hamburg
- Check the “Colonnaden” street (Stephansplatz or Gansemarkt U-bahn stations) – you will find there a number of inexpensive Italian restaurants (10-12 Euro per person) and there is also a sushi-restaurant with “All you can eat” option for 16 (?) Euro.
Short distance travel from Hamburg
- Bremen – you will find there the statue of famous Bremen musicians
- Stade – old city near Hamburg
Long distance trips from Hamburg