This post will cover the most beautiful places to visit in Switzerland, for sure, it is more convenient to travel by car, but public transport is great there too.
- Luzern (book room in Luzern). Beautiful city in the center of Switzerland, near to Zurich. You will find there a very nice combination of old wooden bridges and mountain views. Charming city! Staying in JailHotel might be fun.
- Zurich (book hotel in Zurich). Discussed in a separate post. The largest city in Switzerland. It is just about 1 hour to get from Zurich to Luzern by train.
- Basel (find hotel in Basel). Place where many cultures meet is a one place. Not far from Zurich. You will find there a lot of art galleries. Also this city is know as a place for famous a ArtBasel art fair.
- Bern (stay for 2 days in hotel in Bern). De facto the capital of Switzerland. Bear is the symbol of the city. You will find there streets that are unusually wide for old town and a lot of arcades that will make city walks or shopping very pleasant. The old city center is in UNESCO Heritage list.
- Montreux (hotel in Montreux). Located in beautiful place at the shore of Geneva lake and at the foot of the Alps. Great recreation place with very soft climate. Is know for many music related things. The famous statue of Freddy Mercury is there, Deep Purple wrote their “Smoke on the Water”, when there fire destroyed the Casino in 1971. Montreux is a place of Jazz festival and a many music studios are located there. Château de Chillon castle near Montreux is a must visit place, if you stay in Montreux.
- Lausanne (find hotel there). Is near Montreux, another beautiful city at the shore of Lake Geneva. Is a great combination of views on lake and Alps with nice-looking historical center.
- Geneve (book hotel in Geneve). Is a well known center for international organizations. Jet d’Eau is a largest fountain in Geneva and for sure, the city landmark. Water is jetted to an altitude of 140 metres.