There are two major points of interest in Serbia – its capital — Belgrade and second major city Novi Sad.
1. Skadarska pedestrian street near historical center. Full of restaurants, live music and cafes.
2. Major pedestrian street Kneza Mihaila is full of restaurants as well, if you will take Kralja street on your left (when going to Kalemegdan) you’ll find a nice restaurant with name “?”, which is because they had to rename it several times and finally stopped on this name. Food is still delicious, don’t miss turkish-style coffee.
3. Fortress Kalemegdan. Good place to walk around when moving from Kneza Mihaila.
4. Church of St. Marko is not as big as Hram Sv. Save, but is breathtaking for its calm atmosphere.
5. Tesla museum. From St. Marko it is easy to get to museum of famous scientists and inventor. His will stated to send all his papers and belongings to Belgrad, where they are proudly presented in museum. Guide will show you some basic Tesla’s experiments, more over you’ll be able to experience high-voltage current going through your own finger. They say it is safe
6. From Tesla museum head to Hram Sv. Save, it will be beautiful when interior decorations will be finished.
7. Coffee in Belgrad. Culture of coffee is really developed here, so tea-lovers have to switch to coffee. Don’t forget to buy a small pack of coffee with you, Greenet coffee-shop is a nice place to taste and buy coffee.
8. Interesting option for restaurant is an embankment of Sava. Go to formed storage houses. To get there ask locals about Beton Hala. You will find there some glamor and stylish restaurants yet low priced compared to average pricing for Europe.
9. Spend half of the day in Zemun that is in the western part of the city. You’ll find there former watching tower, nice promenade with plenty of fish restaurants.
Staying in Belgrad
- Accommodation in Belgrade: as usually you might book something at booking.com, as long as taxi costs little, it doesn’t actually matter where you will stay.
- If you prefer stay in the city center within walking distance from major touristic sites, you might choose private apartment that vary in price and location. Apartment in the center starts from 50 euro per night. One option to find apartment is BG Apartment.
Getting there: take a bus from Belgrad’s main bus station, there are several options – ask for direct bus that will travel to Novi Sad without stops (trip takes 1:20) There are also trains in Serbia, but they are not really comfortable as are always late.
In Novi Sad check city center (from bus station you will need to take a bus or taxi) and fortress that is in a walking distance (about 20 minutes) from the center of Novi Sad.